The Cornerstone Society was organized in 1988 out of a looming threat to demolish some of Madison’s beautiful old buildings and replace them with new ones that were out of sync with downtown’s historic streetscapes. The organization went to work saving structures, shaping local government policies, holding educational programs and doing all they could to promote an appreciation of the town’s vast historical treasures. These activities continue to today.
We hope you’ll join our effort. Especially if you are a person who:
- Would rather see a historic building saved than demolished.
- Believes there is a certain mystique to older homes.
- Drives by an old vacant building with a collapsing roof and broken windows and all you can think about are the possibilities.
- Swoons at the discovery of hardwood floors under old carpeting.
- Thinks Madison’s National Historic Landmark District is pretty darn special.
AND if you:
- Need a qualified person to work on your historic home.
- Could use some help finding information about maintenance and repair.
- Understand that you are your home’s caretaker and want to do your best to honor its legacy.
If these descriptions sound like you, here’s how you can join:
|Annual Membership Categories|
Select the appropriate category and make your check payable to Cornerstone Society and mail to:
Cornerstone Society, Inc.
P.O. Box 92
Madison, Indiana 47250
For questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org